Tuesday, June 14, 2011

May 2, 2011 B B B B Bautizmo!

Hello Family!!
Guess what? I live in Mexico! weird huh. Well with that said, I´ll get down to business.
This week was great! We had a challenge from our zone leaders to find 15 new investigators this week. Every companionship in my district found at leat 15! except one... it was sad. But it was great! We also had a great baptizm! The Baptizm of Edgar! (photos in other email) He is such a great guy and has a great testimony of the Church. He has about 1 month investigating the church and is super strong, he´s 19 years old and hopefully will be a missionary!!! But he has a girlfriend and i think they´ve talked about marriage. huh. I would love if one of my converts was a missionary with me! that would be AWESOME! haha But whatever happens is his decision. We sadly didn´t have the baptism of Elizabeth, because this was the week of the pascua, Easter, and every government thing was closed, so we couldn´t marry her this week. So we have a date for next wednesday or thursday! then we´ll have her baptism next saturday!!! Woot!! she´s great. We also have one other girl thats getting ready for baptism. Her name is Alejandra, she´s 10 years old and really likes the church! Her brother is already a member, or so we thought! until we talked to him about the baptism and the gift of the holy ghost and he told us that he never got confirmed and received the holy ghost, and since he got baptized over a year ago we are just going to have to baptize him again! haha the only problem is that he lives with his girlfriend, thats a big problem here. But thus it goes.
This week we started a Preach My Gospel class in my ward! every thursday night at 7. We had a wopping, 3 PEOPLE! haha it was great! one of the ladies that went got up sunday and bore her testimony and PLANCHED the ward for not coming. it was really funny. but great. Also because today is P day we get to go on fun adventures! today we went to a pueblo called Tepotzlan. It´s about 15 minutes from my old area in Cuernavaca and is awesome! we hiked up a mountain and went to see another Pyramid. It was pretty sweet. But it was a pretty rough hike to get up there. But it was really cool. We saw Tejones, little raccoon things that come and eat out of your hands if you want. They´re pretty cool. haha But yeah, it was a pretty exciting few hours.
I´m really starting to like this little Pueblo. It´s small and everyone knows everyone, but I like it. Everyone knows where the chapel is and it´s very close to everything. very convenient. haha The church is great here it Cuautla, a lot better than Cuernavaca. I love it!! These last few weeks I saw the movie "The other side of Heaven" twice. It is amazing. It makes me feel very blessed to be on a mission here in Mexico. Haha, food everyday, lots!, a bed and water. haha great things to have. But yes. I am very blessed to be here on my mission right now.
Well thats about all that I have for this week, If you want to talk to me on mothers day, go to my parents house at 1:00 and i´ll be talking! haha Love you all! have a great weeeeekkkk!!

Love
Elder Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment