Tuesday, June 14, 2011

January 31, 2011 Hooollllaaaaa!!!! My first full week as a father.

WEll hello everyone! How was your week? good I hope. Mine was good too!! Elder Blair and I are getting adjusted living together and teaching and everything, and the work is really starting to take off! WE have a few investigators that have various times in church and we feel are very close to baptism. We have a few more that we found this week that are realllly cool. WE found this one family. La familia Mondragon. (yes very Mexican I know) And they have 8 people, 7 who are baptismal age. They all seem really cool, even the 85 year old grandma who I thought would be super hardened Catholic, but nope! they`re cool! Sadly we can only visit them about once a week cause they work alot. But we found a lot of other cool people and I think a lot of them are going to progress. The biggest problem we ran into this last month was people not coming to church. For some reason the chapel I go to is pretty well hidden, and it`s very very hard for investigators to find, so usually we have to pass by and pick them up and all go together, but the last 2 times we did that the people were still sleeping, because it was 7:30 in the morning... because it starts at 8. But yes, that is what we`re working on for this month of February. It`s going to be a month of many baptisms so just be waiting for the pictures!!! Speaking of baptisms, I`m sending the pictures from Liborio`s baptism. He`s such a great guy. and other pictures too.
Well we had a little miracle the other day. WE went out for pizza with a member, and right when we were leaving a young man stopped us and asked if we were Elders, and we said yes, he then told us that he`s been baptized about 3 months ago in Mexico City, but never filled out any of his papers, and i`m pretty sure wasn`t confirmed. But now he lives in Cuernavaca in our area! So I believe if we get everything together and make sure that he doens`t have papers we`re going to re interview, tlak more, and RE baptize him this week!! I`m way excited, we only saw him for a second but he told us that he`s still super excited and has a lot of interest! So we`re very happy to help!!
This next week is going to CRAZY!!! WE have a Meeting for all of the Leaders of the mission, Zone Leaders, District Leaders, and Trainers. So i`m going! It`s tuesday, wednesday, thursday, and friday, all morning. So My companion is going to go on splits every day with a Member from our ward. it should be fun. What`s more fun, is that because it`s the entire mission, we have a lot of elders coming in without a place to stay, so we`re having 2 elders stay in our room with us. I don`t know how. because our room is super small. Like smaller than my room at home... seriously. But yes. it should be fun. They`re both mexican. So we`ll be speaking Spanish all week! Which isn`t difficult. This week my spanish has exploded!! Now that I`m senior companion and training I pretty much have to do everything. So I can`t rely on anyone else, and though Elder Blair speaks pretty well, he still has a lot to learn, and so do I. WE both do! But it`s really gotten better. I love it!
WEll that about all that I can think of for this weeks letter. I´ll let you know how the meeting went and maybe share a few notes for you other missionaries that read this.
Well I love you all and am so greatful to have you all in my life!
Love
Elder Summers



Oh my pictures before, The first 2 were of Liborios baptism. He´s just a cute old man! The other is My dad (Elder Collins) Me, and my kid (Elder Blair). Apparently we haven´t rubbed off on him enough. haha and the other is my Gospel Principles class! What a great class!!
ok now these ones.
As many of you may know. At 6 months missionaries burn a tie. Well I did! That is all thats left of the tie. Sad
Also this is the Family Torrez Molines. They are great! The Mother has been a member her whole life, but just recently re activated and is now 1st councelor in the Relief Society! Her 3 kids (only 2 in the picture) got baptized a week before I got into this area, and the WE´re teaching the Father. He´s great, but hasn´t come to church because he works, but we fasted for him this past week and his daughter told us that he knows he needs to come and he´s definately changing his schedule at work this week! YEAH! I´m very exctied from him, because this is a really special Family!










No comments:

Post a Comment