Monday, June 13, 2011

December 27, 2010 Christmas!!!






Oh what a great week it has been. This was the week of the Navidad. Christmas week. :) I love everything about christmas and this year it was awesome! I spent christmas day, here is the 24th. I´m not sure why, with an awesome family. We woke up in the morning and went down to the church to clean for a while, because we had no appointments, and people really don´t like to be bugged here on christmas, even though it´s not a very big holliday, (compared to the U.S.) and we cleaned and I played the Organ for a few hours. it was great! Then we went to the families house and talked for a while, and watched the Testiments! What a great movie! prettty entertaining in spanish too. Then we went to another members house to meet some people, they made us tamalies with guacamolie sauce that was bomb. I loved it. Then we went back to the first families house and had dinner, it was like a grassy plant in MolĂ© sauce. it wasn´t very good. But I got full so I was happy! Then we sang christmas songs and my companion played the guitar. it was great :) And we got to stay out till 12!!! it was crazy. I was so tired... haha then real christmas day we went to another members house and our families called! so I got to talk to my family and friends! it was really awesome! I really enjoyed it. Then we ate lunch over there, then after had to go to another area to do an interview. Altogether a good day. Very relaxing. very nice.
Also this week! We had another Baptism!! It was so great. Her name is Eva. And she is probably the most excited person i´ve ever met aboutt he gospel. She was always making comment in our lessons about how excited she was to get baptized and everything and is now probably in Alma in the Book of Mormon! It´s awesome! she was so ready and so awesome! we´re teaching her two kids, but they definately have a lot less enthusiasm than she does. haha Her son we´ve taught basically everthing too and he was really excited and into it until we taught him about the Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity. Then his excitement dropped significantly. it´s sad. Hopefully we´ll be able to get him excited again. But all is well! :) We just played soccer with the zone. It was fun. We play a lot, and for new years we´re getting together as a zone and going ICE SKATING!!! yes believe it. Ice skating in Mexico! They have an outdoor rink in the Center of Cuernavaca aaannnddd it´s free!!!!! crazy huh. People here don´t really like to ice skate, but they love to watch. The other day I saw maybe 10 people on the ice. and 200 in the stands watching them. it was funny. So we´re gonna go tear it up! yeah!
We also had our ward Christmas activity! It was aweosme, they had a talent show like thing before and my companion and I and our ward mission leader sang a trio with the guitar, of Silent night. It was pretty good. I have the video, but it´s much much to large to send. There were lots of singers and dancers, and our bishop sang and played the piano and guitar. He is an incredible singer! seriously, he´s a very quiet humble guy, but he can sing! It was awesome!!1 yup, well included are my baptism pictures from this week and i´ll send more in another email!
I love you all and want to hear about your christmases and your presents and everything!!!
Love you all!
Love Elder Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment