Monday, December 13, 2010

Mexico! (Nov 22)

What a great week it has been! We´ve really started to see some success here in Pradera. Sadly we don´t have any baptisms, but we have one person set up for next week. She´s awesome! her name´s Eugenia, she found out about the church from a friend and went to church with her and then looked for church in our are for 2 weeks before we found her and showed her. She´s pretty much already for baptism, we just need to teach her everything. We´re teaching her daughter too, she´s around 20. She´s super smart and actually reads, which is very uncommon in mexico, So we´re going back wednesday to check up on if she read the book of mormon. We´re teaching about 10 people right now. and they all seem very awesome. Things go so fast here, one moment your top investigator is progressing and awesome, the next they aren´t and you´ve found someone new to take their place, it´s crazy!! We have a baptism for the week after too! as long as he and his wife can get married, his name is Livorio, he´s 60 and really seems like he wants to change, it´s cool to see people really want things that they don´t have, but we´re giving them. So yes, things are really starting to pick up in my area, the members are starting to trust us and we´re getting a TON of references!
Guess What? I went and saw pyramids today! and climbed on them! haha it was awesome. I have pictures, i´m trying to send them but this computer is dumb. hopefully i get it to work. it was a great activity for Pday. I want to know what everyone is doing for Thanksgiving. Also what everyone is doing for christmas, cause i doubt i´m doing anything for thanksgiving, except maybe we´re going out to dinner with an Hermana in our zone, she is kind of old and super super super rich and spends her time spoiling missionaries, we go to dinner with her like once a week. hopefully we´re going tonight. its awesome. The food here is a lot better than atoyac. We eat a lot of american and Italian food. it´s pretty good. I think i´ve gained a little weight back. Though i´m still like 10 pounds under what I was when I left the mtc. haha
I gave a talk in church this week, it´s my second since i{ve been in mexico. haha Then after I had to teach gospel principles, which turned out well, cause we got a new investigator in that class! haha it was very exctiing! I love My mission, I love the Lord, and I love Mexico!! haha I love my family as well, sooo much! yup. well thats about all i´ve got this week. Hopefully one day I´ll actually send pcitures. hopefully. comptuers here are sometimes very ghetto. or broken. haha well i{ve got to jet.
Love you all!
Love Elder Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment