Monday, December 13, 2010

December 13th

Hello Family!
It is the 13th of December and just a nice almost 70 degrees here in Cuernavaca Mexico! You might be curious about the subject of this weeks letter. As a few of you might know and the vast majority probably don´t. Yesterday 12-12-10 was the Birthday of the Virgin Guatalupe!! The whole country celebrated with a ton of fireworks all day. We watched a little at night. Everyone was praying to the Virgin and giving her flowers and everything all day. it was.... ridiculous. and stank seriously of Apostacy. But that is mexico!!! haha
So this week has been pretty good! We have 2 people that are set to get baptized this next week. and with some luck and faith 3 more the week after! But we´ll see what happens then. This week had great and sad moments, We had to say goodbye to a really cool family. They were progressing really really well and were super interested and everything! But after teaching them about the law of chastity we found out that they aren´t married. They´ve been together for 14 years and have a 14 year old kid together, but aren´t married. We later taught a great lesson on the family and the improtance of marriage in the family and how it will strengthen their relationship and everything! it was very spiritual, but sadly they reject marriage. it´s weird, cause they are very happy together and really seem to love each other. But don´t believe in marriage. I don´t understand why, we kept asking and asking and trying to figure out their real problem with marriage or the church or whatever but they would never open up about it and after 3 appointments we had to say goodbye and left them with a card and our telephone number. It was sad because they were sucha great family! they came to church 2 weeks in a row and everything! but... when we drop someone I know the lord prepares more to be taught. So this week we are going to teach!
This week was changes! And Neither me nor my companion are going, which means that i´m going to kill my father! haha this is his last change, then he goes home. Sad. He´s great! and awesome guy, missionary, and father. But i´m exctied for him to go home. haha and i´m excited just to be able to say that I killed my father. mwahahahaha
Well christmas is definatley coming, I was in walmart today printing pictures and they had good american christmas music on. I felt at home. It was great! haha So i´m really not sure whats happening with christmas yet.... were going to find out during the week and I might shoot you a quick email telling you where and what and everything so yeah. If you have reccomendations on what time I should call tell me. And I hope everyone is there at Mom´s and Dad´s when I call!!!
Ok well i´m going to chili´s for lunch now. I love you all and will talk to you later!!
Love
Elder Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment