Thursday, January 12, 2012

My oldest Baptism!!

Well hello Everyone!!!
As you can tell from the subject, We Baptized this week!! His name is
Hugo, he`s 76. Definately my oldest convert. He was super ready and
awesome. His son`s the ward mission leader, and he`s been inviting him
to activities and church for years, but his dad`s never really wanted
to go. Then he went to the ward Christmas party, then church that
sunday then told my companion that he wanted to talk to us! (because i
hadn`t gotten here yet) So all these last 2 weeks we`ve been teaching
him and he`s been doing everything so fantastic! It makes me super
happy to see every type of person accept the gospel. They say you
can`t teach an old dog new tricks. But I can guarantee that you can!
WEll yes, the other picture that i put on here... if you believe me.
is taken from my road. yes. I`m about 15 minutes, walking. LOVE IT!
They have super pretty beaches here too. They`re pretty dirty in some
parts but cool. My area doesn`t have much ``beach``, it`s mostly just
cliffs. But the other half of my ward, which is another area has a
HUGE beach. Which is in the picture. It`s pretty cool. i wouldn`t mind
coming back here after the mission to check out the beaches. haha
Well we worked hard this week and found success. This week was a lot
easier than last week physically. the hills beat me up and the heat
killed me the first week. But thats normal. this week i went a lot
better. and this week to come is going to be fantastic!
We had an awesome family of 5 come to church yesterday! The dad is a
member. He was baptized when he was 8 but has been inactive ever since
and doesn`t know a thing about the church, except that he was
baptized. So yeah. it was their second time coming. then they invited
us to eat at their house. They`re super cool. We just need to have
some really powerful spiritual lessons so they can be more interested.
But things will work out well.
We had another investigator come called Moses. he`s kind of crazy.
But cool. he studies a lot and writes about what he studies, but
sometimes comes up with crazy ideas about scriptures then he gets
really excited and wants to go out preaching. He asked me on sunday if
he could go out knocking doors like we do... haha i told him it`s best
if he didn`t. Unless we were with him, then it would be ok.
We have another big family we`re teaching. they`re a reference from
Elder Martinez, who is one of the other Elders in my ward. Elders
martinez, and Woolsey. My ex zone leader. he baptized her in
Michoacan, and now she lives with her family in my area. they`re
pretty aewsome, and they are a LOT of people to teach. so we`re
excited. But sadly, they didn`t come to church on sunday, and we don`t
know why. But we`re going up there tomorrow to go check it all out.
Well thatas about all thats going on. This place is pretty great and
is getting better everyday. I love being a missionary and I feel so
very blessed to be here right now.
i love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!
Love
Elder Summers





No comments:

Post a Comment